Friday 10 February 2012

The Intoxicating Motion











I was always attratcted towards Bikes and Cars. From my very tender age I used to drive, in my dreams. I was very sure to ride a high speed bike. But my passion for bikes was nipped in bud by my parents.


Anyway, when I got the first chance to go to a Car racing event, I couldn't believe my luck. Photographically, it was a challenge to freeze the high speed objects while keeping the motion intact.





  Thanks to my friends of PSM, who arranged the passes and helped me learn this. By the courtesy of my good friend Mr.Ratan, I had opportunities to go next to the racing rack and shoot the 600cc Superbikes, formula cars and also Sedans.



These Racing sessions sometimes would organise great Stunt show by great stunt riders from US and Europe.



 I started loving the Actions and the challenge of Camera Panning. I used to spend 5/6 hours under the Sun and come back with few good images.

Many of my images from the Racing track found their place in an in-flight magazine.


It is a differnt feeling; the sound of Superbikes and Formula Cars, the speed, the ecstasy, the sweating winners, the tension in the Pitstop..... everything put together will take you to somewhere else.

2 comments: