Sunday 7 October 2012

Imaginations


There will be hardly anyone who doesn't imagine things. From very tender age we start imagination and it goes on till the last day of our life.

All of us imagine things which we love to have or love to be, but couldn't. Sometimes we also imagine absurds which are impossible to exist or happen.


Shaping the future
 
But imaginations had always been the mother of all inventions. There had always been likes of Jules Vernes who imagined Aeroplane, Submarine much before these were invented by scientists.

I am no Dreamer. Still I imagine things...... they are absurd at times, may be even skewed in few occasions.
 
The Bee Eaters

I cann't draw and that is the biggest regret I have as on date. I can imagine but can not express what my thought would look like.

I feel pity on my inability to draw; I try to put my imagination through lens. Obviously it doesn't happen all the times, I wish. It happens only sometimes.



the Unfulfilled dream
Sometimes I think Black & White are the color of all my imginations. These twin mothers of all colours are so beautiful & bold that they don't need anything else to express anything. I am very very fond of Black & White.


Flight to Freedom
My imaginations are fulfilled when they are captured in the images. "Flight to Freedom" is one of my favourites because it shows nature in a dark & mysterious form while the ducks fly towards freedom.


Colours of Kovalam
Sometimes colours can also depict dreamy feelings. I love the "Colours of Kovalam" for that.


Reaching for the sky
 




"Reaching for the sky" is a simple silhouette, I took in Belur.

I tried to single out the subject in a big nothingness where sky is the only boundary and clouds are the only dimension.

This Dhwajastambham, all alone, is standing tall above the trees.... and like my imagination, is trying to touch the sky.



In a recent visit to Madurai, I spent a considerable time in Thirumalai Nayakar's Mahal. This was built hundreds of years ago in 1636 C.E by King Thirumalai. These corridors used to enliven with the charms of kings and queens; they must have seen horse and elephant ridden soldiers. They arethere for so many years and witnessed so many things.
 
Will the History return
In the evening I returned for a light & sound show in the Palace. Although I didn't like the show, I enjoyed the heavy rain just before the starting. During the show, the corrridors were lit very dimly and I took  the chance to capture my imagination, digitally. The situation was tough for a good photo (with Nikon D90 camera and without any tripod). Inspite of all odds, I managed "Will the History return". The partially lit corridors and its pillars give me the feeling of mysterious history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment